There are dozens of ways to bring your pets into your wedding no matter what and no matter whether you have a cats, dogs, horses, bunnies, or really any species.
Maybe your furbaby is photogenic. Ask to have them brought in as part of your staged photo session.
In staged photos:
- Your pet in the announcement with a sign that says “my humans are getting hitched” or “You and I are invited to a wedding! Lets paw-ty!”
- Dog or cat sitting on the train of you dress.
- Cat or dog pawing or patting around the ring.
- A small face to face with the your little prince or princess.
- Standing in waiting with you.
- Ask your photographer to zero in on your pet if at all possible.
- Direct a member of the family to capture images of your furbaby at the wedding.
- Direct a friend to take the adorable photos you wish for.
Accessories they may wear could be:
- Flowers in their collars matching the bridges bouquet or the flowers on the aisles.
- Bow ties and satin bows.
- Collars in color or theme to coordinate with ties, cummerbunds or sashes.
Accessories you may wear, because not all pets will sit still or enjoy even a photographers attention:
- Their image imprinted on handkerchiefs.
- Porcelain animal ring holder with likeness of your fur-baby.
- Their likeness on the invitation or the place cards.
- Their likeness on the wedding gifts like a key chain or bottle opener.
They can be in the wedding:
- They can walk (or they can carry you if they are a horse) down the aisle decked in flowers or bows.
- They can be the ring bearer.
- They can be the ring bearers companion maybe making a shy little child actually a little comforted or confident in front of everyone.
- They can be your best man or maid of honor or both if you each have a pet to give the honor to.
- They can be the best man’s or maid of honor’s companion (I know a lot of people would find this preferable than just being on the spot with humans!)
They can inspire the theme or accessories of the wedding:
- Ribbons can help people find their place at the reception (and everyone can be a blue ribbon winner).
- Porcelain figurines can decorate or theme your wedding (like hunting dogs can be on the name card table: Fetch your name!)
- Besides their image or porcelain figures, people have put out horse shoes or have their pet decorated into their cake as a small detail.
However comfortable you, your pet, or your guests would be, there is some level of involvement that will get you some adoring p-aws.
You can also have a charity like a local shelter or rescue society be the benefit or everyone’s generosity in lieu of presents and send your love forward to help other pets just like yours.
I hope you have found some purr-fect inspiration here and have a beautiful and lasting union!
– Virginia Bride Magazine features the best Virginia weddings and Virginia bridal shows. Find it all in one place. Check our blog posts regularly for the latest show information.